yahoo_authkey_bb3eabce7c550ed6.txt 4224b428b4e2d1e1 Coach Mike's Screenplay & Movie Review: Movie Reviews

Coach Mike's Screenplay & Movie Review

Fellow writers and movie fans...I think we can all agree that Hollywood has taken a turn towards higher revenues and lower quality films. However, who is to blame? Producers, directors, writers? Remember, the movie business is a business. Let's discuss how to make better films without losing money and let us start with the screenplay. I encourage discussions on novel/comic book adaptation, coverage, funding, as well as want ads. Please post in the appropriate section and be civil at all times.

Name:
Location: Yurtowne, United States

An active Producer/screenwriter, he is interested is helping writers execute better scripts and elevate the quality of produced properties.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Movie Reviews

Post movie reviews here. Be specific, fair, and critical. Share ideas on how to make the film(s) better. We can't make better movies without discussing what is good and bad about currently produced movies.

The links below will guide you to movie reviews at the News Blaze.

Wicker Man Review
Hoodwinked Review
Zathura Review
Wolf Creek Review
Broke Back Mountain Review

4 Comments:

Blogger coachmike said...

M. Night Shymalan...a favorite filmmaker of mine. I consider him a masterful director, a good story teller, and an adequate screenwriter, but as he writes for himself that is a non issue.

What in the world happened in "Lady in the Water"? Has anyone walked out of this movie with a clear idea of what is was about?

I felt like I needed flash cards and this was a sharp left turn for an artist I admire.

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought he was a hack writer and now he's run out of good ideas.

I did like Sixth Sense, but after that it was all down hill.

6:44 PM  
Blogger coachmike said...

I disagree that he is or has ever been a hack writer.

I have seen a definate reduction in production value, however he set the bar high with The Sixth Sense.

I like Unbreakable, and Signs as well. I thought the stories were well told.

Although I must say that in Signs, an alien life form with superior technology that can fly across the galaxy, but not open a door is, well a bit condescending I guess.

1:24 PM  
Blogger coachmike said...

Just went to see Snakes on a Plane for a Newsblaze assignment.

I must say I wasn't as disapointed as I thought I would be.

I laughed, I jumped and I laughed some more. A perfect date movie. The producers didn't try to hide what this movie was; a double barrel shotgun full of snakes and the requisite amount of T&A.

{ala} 1980's style.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web coachmikesscreenplayandmoviereview.blogspot.com